5-minute hummus: 1 570g canned chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved 1/2 C tahini 1/4 C extra-virgin olive…
Date 12 March, 2019
1 570g canned chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
1/2 C tahini
1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust (I often find I like to add more tahini). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and some parsley.
Za’atar Pita Chips
5 whole-grain or white pitas
1/4 C olive oil
3 tbsp za’atar spice blend (thyme, oregano, sumac, salt & sesame seeds)
- Preheat your oven to broiler setting.
- Cut each pita into 4-6 triangles and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with za’atar and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven for 2-3 minutes, making sure not to burn the chips